of the Marianist Family
The World Council of the Marianist Family is composed of the General Councils of the four branches of our charismatic family.
Objectives of the World Council are
- To promote a family spirit which makes possible mutual challenge.
- To combine respect for the autonomy of each branch with the spirit of interdependence.
- To submit to the consideration of each branch the suggestions made by the Council.
- To have decision-making power over those common features or actions which all the branches of the World Council of the Marianist
Family unanimously agree upon, considering all other decisions as recommendations.
- To “build family.”
- To share about the life and reality of each of the branches.
- To reflect in common on that life and to make suggestions about it.
- To determine modes of coming together: celebrations, formation, experiences and common actions of ecclesial or social character.
- To determine directives in what concerns the Family.
News and Information - World Council
About the Marianist Family
The Marianist Family today is spread around the world. It is comprised of separate, yet interconnected, branches: Lay Marianist Communities (MLC-CLM), the Alliance Mariale (AM), the Daughters of Mary Immaculate (Marianist sisters – FMI) and the Society of Mary (SM).
We share these documents with you for your information and as a resource for developing a better understanding of the identity and mission of the Marianist Family.
Statutes & Objectives 2018-2021
Statutes of the World Council.
Objectives proposed by the World Council of the Marianist Family for